Your privacy matters to us. That is why we have developed this Privacy and Cookies Notice to ensure you remain informed of how we collect, use, share and store your personal information when you use this website, and to inform you about how we will look after that information.
This includes any information you may provide us with when you sign up to keep in touch with us or take part in any competitions that we might run.
This statement explains when we use your personal information: how we use it, keep it secure and in what circumstances we may share it with other organisations.
If you do not agree with any term in this policy, please do not use the website or submit any personal information to or through it.
All references to “our”, “us”, “we” or “Company” within this policy are deemed to refer to BUG for Men its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
BUG for Men is a website is operated by Cargo Interiors Ltd trading as Bug Cosmetics
2. CONTACT DETAILS
Our contact details are:
Studio 329, Woodside Way, Springvale, Cwmbran,
Torfaen, NP44 5BR
3. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE & YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
Please note, it is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if personal data we hold about you changes during your relationship with us.
4. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
From time to time this website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, platforms and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements or for how they collect and use your personal information.
5. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
We may need to use some information about you to:
- Deliver products and support to you (your orders and enquiries)
- Manage the customer support we provide to you
- Recruit train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver our customer support
- Help follow up any feedback or concerns you have about us
- Monitor the effectiveness of what we do and what we make.
- Check the quality of what we do and what we make (internally and by external organisations)
- Help with research and planning of new products and services
Information you provide to us: these types of information might include:
- contact details (such as your name, postal addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses);
- demographic information (such as your age or age range and gender);
- online registration information (such as your password and other authentication information);
- payment information (such as your payment card details and billing address);
- information provided as part of online questionnaires (such as responses to customer satisfaction surveys or market research);
- competition entries or submissions; and
- in certain cases, your marketing preferences.
Information we generate or automatically collect:
- name and age (or predicted age range);
- information about your device, operating system, browser and IP address;
- unique identifiers associated with your device;
- details of web pages that you have visited;
- which products you have looked at online (including information about products you have searched for or viewed, purchased or added to an online shopping basket);
- how long you spend on certain areas of a website or app together with the date and time of your visit / usage;
- personal information contained within user generated content (such as blogs and social media postings);
- social media user name or ID;
- social media profile photos and other social media profile information (such as number of followers);
6. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use different methods to collect your personal data including through direct interaction with you, for example when you:
- visit and use our website;
- contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- enter any competition, promotion, prize draw or event that we run on this website;
- fill in an online questionnaire (such as a customer satisfaction survey);
- register on a website or app or leave any reviews or comments;
- inform us of your marketing preferences (these should be communicated to us via [email protected]);
- communicate with us via social media websites, third party apps or similar technologies;
We do not hold any financial data or records. We use Stripe.com and Paypal and Klarna as our payment gateways, please refer to their privacy policies here:
7. INFORMATION YOU POST ON PUBLIC AREAS OF OUR WEBSITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Information that you post on or through any public areas of the website and any social media pages that we operate is publicly available information. This means that it is generally accessible to, and may be collected by, others and may be used by them to send you unsolicited messages. We do not have control over if or how other people may use that information therefore you should use caution and ensure not to disclose personal information when using public web areas or social media. We will not be responsible for any postings that you make with personal information in them.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user’s hard drive when they visit our website. They do not contain any personal information like your name or address, only data concerning your visit to our website.
This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link.
How do I control Cookies?
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Please note that switching off cookies may reduce the functionality of (or prevent access to) certain websites.
9. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to and it is fair for us to do so.
We collect information about you in order to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreement entered into by you and us, for the provision of products, information and support to you in relation to the product or service you receive from us;
- seek your views or comments on the products and services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our products and services;
- send you communications which you have requested;
- Create targeted online adverts
- inform future product and service development.
- We occasionally carry out analysis of data we hold about customers, to better understand the value of our work, who our customers are and identify patterns and trends to provide better products and services.
- Where you have given us your consent that we do so, for example where you have given your consent to receive marketing or other information from us. Please note, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing e-mail we send you.
10. HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are based in the UK and we store our data within the European Union. Some organisations which provide services to us may transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), but we’ll only allow them to do this if your data is adequately protected.
For example, our online shop is hosted on WordPress using WooCommerce. They provide us, via third parties, Stripe and Paypal with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through their data storage, databases and the general WooCommerce application.
We use Stripe.com , Klarna and Paypal as our payment gateway, please refer to their privacy policies here:
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may not be governed by legislation to the same standard and we are not able to guarantee the security of your information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You will be responsible for controlling access to your account and for any activity under your account and password. We therefore ask you not to share your password with anyone. We will not be liable for any loss or damage where you have not complied with this obligation.
Where we are legally required to do so, we will notify you and any applicable data protection authority or other regulator should there be an actual or suspected personal data breach involving your personal information.
11. HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations that we may have. We will only keep personal data for longer where there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
To determine how long we should keep your information for, we will consider the amount, type, and sensitivity of the personal information involved as well as the potential risk of harm if it is lost, or used or disclosed without authorisation.
All electronic forms that request data will use the SSL protocol to encrypt the data between your browser and our servers that are hosted via WordPress and Do Digital Agency.
Please note; we cannot guarantee the security of your home computer or the internet, and any online communications (e.g. information provided by email or our website) are at the user’s own risk.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data (see section 15 below for more information).
In some circumstances, we may also anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, for example for statistical purposes. Where we do this, we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
12. OPTING IN
Sometimes, we will give you the option to choose whether you would like to receive information from us or not (e.g. by choosing to opt in to receive marketing emails s from us). However, sometimes we will need to collect information from you by law or you will sometimes not have the option to opt out, such as when we are satisfying the obligations of a contract we have with you, or administering a transaction requested by you [i.e. if you purchase products from us online].
13. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We may disclose your personal information to our suppliers, distributors (and other contractors who help provide our products and services to you, including delivery of products ordered by you and the conduct of market research which you have agreed to participate in, as well as to other third parties.
We have a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, our customers, or consumers or others.
14. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal information. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to be able to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as Subject Access Request);
- the right to have your data erased (although this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling
- where technically feasible; you have the right to personal data you have provided to us (which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract) to be provided in a commonly used and machine-readable format and to reuse it for your own purposes. This is known as the ‘right to data portability’
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, or you have any concerns about how we process your information, please e-mail us at [email protected] so that we can investigate and hopefully resolve your concerns.
If we are unable to satisfactorily deal with your concerns then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority.
15. HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
Where we have collected your personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis on which to continue processing your information, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
You can withdraw your consent, change your preferences, or opt out from hearing further from us by letting us know using the contact details set out at section 2 of this notice or by e-mailing us at [email protected]
You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
However please note, where you unsubscribe from receiving e-mailed marketing communications from us, we will keep a note of your e-mail address to make sure that we do not send you further e-mailed marketing communications in future.